Saturday, January 24, 2009

Chicken Spaghetti - Not Waffles


I've had a rough week. My mother went to the emergency room Monday with her COPD (emphysema) - she had to go by ambulance - she couldn't get her breath. She's still in the hospital, but hopes to go home tomorrow. I stayed with her the first three nights and my daddy's stayed the last two. It just doesn't do to be in the hospital without a loved one there to get help when you need it.

That brings me to the chicken spaghetti. It is the only casserole my mother will eat. She is a very picky eater. I've made this before and she loves it. It's Pioneer Woman's version. Without the green peppers and pimientos. So I'll put it in containers and freeze it and they'll have a few meals. I made spaghetti and meatballs for them recently - I am happy when I can fix something they'll actually eat. I also try to make it a habit of picking up some Sheridan's frozen custard - chocolate, of course!

So instead of waffles, chicken spaghetti. I don't want to overdo it in the kitchen. I was inspired to make banana nut waffles, but the guys are a little burned out on waffles and it's just as well - it would've been too much for my miniscule kitchen counters.

I'm going to see Last Chance Harvey (Dustin Hoffman and Emma Thompson - love her) with my friend Jennifer today. We'll get an early dinner afterward. I'll be at the movie instead of watching the biggest basketball game of the year - Memphis v. UT. I hope the Tigers will pull off a victory against their biggest nemesis. Last year, I think they were the ONLY team we lost to during regular season. I think it's a psychological thing. It certainly puts a damper on the atmosphere around here when we lose to them, but it sure is happy when we beat them. We've only ever beaten them once in football - I think it was 1997. That was a day that will go down in history.

Gotta close - lots to do before Jennifer picks me up at 12:30. Maybe this week will be a little easier.

No comments: