Thursday, April 10, 2008

My Beautiful Camellia

Here's a picture of a beautiful camellia straight from my friend Suzanne's back yard. I need to take a picture of her back yard - it's so beautiful, especially right now with the azaleas, dogwoods and of course, camellias in bloom.

The bowl it's floating in is my very special Tiffany bowl. It was a gift from a client and I really treasure it. It's just the right thing for floating a flower. I hope to have a picture of a gardenia in it soon. My poor, anemic gardenia may not produce but our neighbor has a huge gardenia that is covered with blooms every year and I'm never too proud to beg a bloom or two from her. I just remembered that I have a nice peony that always produces 10 or so great big, light pink blooms. The only problem with them is that the ants love them and it's impossible to get all the ants off the flower, so I usually enjoy the peonies in situ. There's your latin lesson for the day. It means in its original or natural place.

Well, I'd better close so I can go fertilize my gardenia.

No comments: