Wednesday, April 16, 2008

My Life is Better!

Ok, I hate to be a conspicuous consumer, but I'm finally joining the land of the texting. After a major break in the down market for day-traders like me, I splurged on a Palm Centro. Disclaimer: I bought PALM and it was way up today - go buy Palms - seriously, they are a great product! Also, I'm headed to Brazil with my church Monday, and was stressing a little over the lack of ability to stay in touch. After hearing things like "here are the emergency numbers, but the Brazilians might not check their voice mail for a week", or "you'll be too busy to talk to anyone at home" (someone without kids at home), I was worrying about feeling isolated.

The key is, you need a phone with "quadband" to be able to access internationally. So my five year old Nokia won't cut it. Oh, I did think to take my 10 year old Nokias to the AT&T store and they recycle and give our soldiers gift cards with free long distance. If you have any old phones sitting around, take them by. You must know that you can't throw them in the garbage. But some of my neat-freak friends have done this. For the pack-rats among us - here's a good thing.

Ok, I'm going to bed now, but can't wait to wake up and get started texting everyone I know!

No comments: