Saturday, April 19, 2008

Bon Voyage to Me!


This will be my last Saturday morning waffle-making/blogging sessions for a few weeks! Monday I'm leaving for Brazil for a couple of weeks. I'll have lots of good pictures to share when I return. I wonder if the kiddo will miss my waffles. He told me last week that he smells them all the way in his room when I make them. We'll do a non-sports family activity tonight - a very good thing. Maybe dinner and a movie, if I can find a movie that appeals to all three of us. The last movie we all three saw together was Mona Lisa Smile - that tells you how long it's been. Of course, now that kiddo's driving, he doesn't need us to take him. He loves movies and thank goodness the Paradiso finally got built - it's just about two miles from home! There was nothing remotely close to us before (except Ridgeway 4 and it mostly shows indy movies and one or two blockbusters).

I still have a million things to do, but am feeling better about leaving. Got lots of cash at the bank. We can use credit cards, but I think the exchange rate's not good that way. There's a jeweler we see and he takes checks! Could be dangerous. I think I'll bring lots of coffee back for souvenirs. And maybe a piece of jewelry for my friend Angela (she's brought me amazing silver things from Mexico). And a rock, just off the ground, for my sister the geologist. And a film canister (does anyone have those any more?) filled with sand from Ipanema for a friend of hers at work who collects sand from all over the world. Those geologists. They call themselves Rock Heads! I suppose if they can handle that nickname, I shouldn't rile at being called a Bean Counter!

The picture is one I found on MicroSoft's website - I think it's Rio. For now, I'm signing off. I'll have more pictures in May!

No comments: