Friday, May 9, 2008

Back from Brazil


These are just a couple of the beautiful sights I beheld on my trip to Brazil. Iguaçu Falls is a wonder of the world - more magnificent than Niagara Falls, and I've seen them both now. The other photo is the view from my hotel room in Rio. It was an overcast day, the tide was high and the ocean current was strong, as you can see. I have lots of other beautiful photos but will have to dole them out slowly!

I'm just now feeling better after being home five days. I had some kind of flu virus or the Brazilian version of Montezuma's Revenge, or a combination of both. The good thing is I've lost a few pounds, but I lost a few days of enjoying my trip. The travel home was grueling, but I figure if I can make that trip, I can go anywhere! Lots of good stories and amazing differences in their culture and ours. The two things I miss the most are the fresh, plentiful pineapple and all the friendly kissing of cheeks!



No comments: